Thursday, December 23, 2010

Dad and Jackie's Texas Star Quilt

This was my first machine strip pieced quilt.  I created the top in 1998 in just a few days (my family did not know when I'd emerge!) and over the years since then I would hand quilt it as I could.  It's a queen sized quilt, and I didn't get very far, as life was very very full of single parenthood from 2000 on.  Finally, last year, as I was clearing items out of the house I was about to sell, I came across the quilt once again.  It was time to finish it and give it to it's rightful owners.  My mother took it on to finish and took it to a pro, and FINALLY I could give it to my dad and step mother.  So, in Idaho, on the very first part of our Honeymoon this past summer.  I still really like the color scheme I chose for it, and love the pieced  borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment