Saturday, February 5, 2011

First Kaleidoscope Quilt - Feb 4, 2011

This block was a lot of fun to put together.  It's kind of like piecing improvisation.  I wasn't sure how I'd like the method, that's why I called it an experiment.  I really like how it turned out, and it is nothing of what I'd pictured when I started.  I think that's the beauty of this kind of piecing.  

I used one of Paula Nedelstern's Kaleidoscope books for her suggestions and technique.  It has eight wedges, 45 degrees each.  My next one is going to be a 16 wedge at 22.5 degrees each.

One of the most exciting parts was that my new Juki sewing machine arrived before I started the quilting on it, so I waited until I learned about the machine, and then went to town quilting on the new machine.  It was a total blast, and I can't wait to complete more projects with this amazing machine!

1 comment: